Crash to Desktop with 1.1b24 - Am I the only one?

Just sent a full bug report to Matt, but I'm interested if I'm the only one crashing to desktop in solo play when hitting the DONE button with beta 1.1b24. Latest Diamond Viper 770 driver and Direct X 8.0. Did a search and didn't find anything since 1.1b24 came out.

This is a fairly reproducible bug (about 70-80% of the time) late in a large scenario. Last line on ERROR LOG is:

ERROR: Vehicle.cpp line 824

Anyone else? Anyone know if this has been addressed? - I can't finish my scenario! frown.gif

- Old Dog

I'm wondering what scenario you are playing. I'm in the 6th battle of the Carenten scenario and my beta is super stable. In fact I played 3 battles yesterday and then just minimized the game and turned off the monitor and went to bed. Got up today and everything is still running fine. 4 battles to go and will keep my eyes open for buginess.

Guest Madmatt

Old dog, I am a little suspecious of those TNT dirvers you are using. Do you know what Nvidia release they are based on?

You may want to try and install the v6.31 Detonater 3 drivers directly from Nvidia and see if the crashes persist. I am still testing your autosaves now but have not been able to replicate the crashes...yet.

Madmatt

Thanks Matt for your quick reply and for your later e-mail (workin' on Sunday... man, that's dedication smile.gif I love this bunch!)

Think I'll try those Nvidia drivers even though your e-mail indicates _this_ bug is squished in the latest build. Thanks again!

- Old Dog

Originally posted by Maximus:

Poolman, you know you *can* save games don't ya? wink.gif

HEHE sure I do Maximus and the game actually is nice about autosaving for me. Sometimes I just like to walk away from it though to think about a next move and don't want the hassle of reloading everything. Thanks for the tip though smile.gif

Guest Napoleon1944

I had this happen in my Kelly's heroes Operation. It crashed as soon as you hit GO. It turned out to be an issue with embarked troops on setup. Try disembarking all the troops.

Actually I had one crash the day the most current patch came out. I download patch and started a game. Half way threw the scenario CM crashed and went to deskstop.

My crash may be due to my Voodoo 5500 being on 4 anti-laising. It only crashed that one time. I switched to single chip on Voodoo 5500 and no problems. Actualy, lately I have been using the 4 anit-laising setting and have no problems. Now I am not exactly sure why CM crashed. No big deal,CM has not crashed but that one time.