Concrete pillboxes too hard to kill now with 1.12

Good. I love pillboxes. Put a 75mm box, a pak40 and two smg squads by one and you've got rock solid flank protection.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Well, they're still dropping like flies to slit hits within a minute of the first shot being fired, but at least I saw a pillbox with 75mm get a kill on one of my Stuarts this morning in a PBEM with a friend. If not a world's record then certainly a modest step in the right direction. <g>

For pillboxes to be worth a tinker's damn in the long run this area of the model will need to be completely rethought and then redesigned accordingly. Off the top of my head I'd guess the pillbox (bunker) needs to be reworked as its own special kind (type) of structure (it sure doesn't work modelled as a vehicle!), and then afforded a unique set of features and characteristics (for instance, units/crews may move in and out of them at will, opponents can assume possession of these small forts upon capture, etc.) Hopefully, this work is already underway (or has been penciled in) for CM2.

Actually I like them alot better now. Just trying to get some replies/thoughts going, and get Matt's blood pressure up tongue.gif

I think Charles or Steve said something about pillboxes/bunkers being able to "button up" in CM2.

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 02-10-2001).]