Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Mod help needed

I'm working on a new mod, and no matter what I do, there's this little line at the bottom of the mudgaurd here. I'm trying to get it darker, but nothing seems to work.

modhelp.jpg

Yes, I'm painting the black all the way to the bottom of the bmp, but when in the game, it stays the same color as the middle. How can I fix this?

It's a lot more apparent in the game than in the screenshot. Either that or I'm just nitpicking my own mods too much.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

[This message has been edited by 109 Gustav (edited 02-07-2001).]

Guest Napoleon1944

I have seen those lines in the trees too. I don't think people notice them until you point them out! I don't think you can fix that. Hey can you paint a Piat guy in that bright orange and post it? The piat teams are too easily detected!

------------------

The only enemy I fear is nature.

-Napoleon

Tried to, but the uniforms are all the same, so all of the british troops would be wearing blaze orange constructioin vests smile.gif I tried just making the PIAT orange, but I don't think it has a BMP file. At least, it wasn't with the other weapons. Odd.

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Yeah, I noticed there weren't any mortars either. Anything I can do about those lines, or do I just ignore them? I just noticed another, between the front and side panels.

------------------

Originally posted by Maximus:

The Piats, 'Zooks, 'Schrecks, Mortars, Tracers, Grenades, Airborne Berrets, Pistols, and Projectiles are all hard-coded images. There is no .bmp for them, so they can't be changed.

Also tank crew berets.

Gustav, have you tried taking that bmp and expanding it by 200%? Maybe it just needs to be made hi-resolution. It will shrink your bitmap back down a bit, I believe, if it goes up to 200 and perhaps erase the line - maybe the line is coming because it stretches the bitmap a little bit when it is at 100%

I find this is the case for my universal carrier markings. I did them all at the same resolution - and the game stretches them slightly to make them bigger, meaning the skins are slightly undersized. This is a wild assed guess, but perhaps it is the cause of your line.

[This message has been edited by Michael Dorosh (edited 02-08-2001).]

I'll try it, but I don't really like hires mods. My computer has enough trouble running big CM maps, even with minimum settings. It isn't really that big of a deal. Thanks for the help though.

------------------