Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

HDD wrecked . . . no reason to live . . .

Came home yesterday to find that my HDD had decided to end its time on this world.

And yes, my last backup was months ago (*insert deserved jeer here*) . . . all saved games, including my PBEM turns, all the downloaded mods . . . V1.1, all gone.

Oh, sure I and the missus lost tonnes of other stuff, too, but in comparison, so what?

We can always adopt our daughter next year . . . .

Anyway. As I shan't have the tanjed thing replaced and running until around next Thursday, to all and sundry of my PBEM opponents, I have not deserted the fight! Please send what turns you owe me (one saving grace: I'd sent all mine out the night before) to cbarnett22@hotmail.com. My gracious neighbors will allow a limited amount of gunfire and arty on their computer each night; I shall fight from there!

------------------

"The Secret of the Empire was revealed: an emperor, it seemed, could be made outside of Rome"

That's the spirit. Continue the struggle from exile!

biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 01-20-2001).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iskander:

My gracious neighbors will allow a limited amount of gunfire and arty on their computer each night; I shall fight from there!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cue neighbors going: For the love of god, it's 5 in the morning, please please go home.

Dont let them tell you what to do, continue game at all costs, steal their HDD if nescesarry wink.gif

------------------

I hope i haven't brained my damage!

-Homer Simpson