Overview on Brittish tanks?

Guest smi

I have found the Brittish tanks a bit hard to figure out (What are the roles of the different tanks/tank families, what are the caliber equivalent of pounders, etc.) Can someone point me a good overview and/or information on them?

Sami

If you can get search to work, I posted with a similar subject in the last month. Quickly, cromwells are FAST eggshells, use them like shermans. Churchills are to be used like mobile pillboxes, anti-infantry (get the models with the extra thick armor). The challenger is a decent all around tank, still has mobility to keep it alive but a better gun and better armor than the cromwells. Shermans, are well, shermans. The Sherman Fireflys have a darn good antitank gun on em.

The Challenger is essentially a lengthened Cromwell with a bigger turret to accommodate the 17-pounder gun, about the best antitank gun on the battlefield, which is also mounted in the Sherman Firefly and the very late-war Comet. However, the appearance of the Challenger in CM is misleading – see my thread on the subject:

Is the Challenger visually mismodelled?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

However, the appearance of the Challenger in CM is misleading – see my thread on the subject:

Is the Challenger visually mismodelled?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shameless plug!!!

Come to think of it, how come BTS is still to address with a better grasp of history the Challenger Gap, the alternate set of BMPs for those of us who want to see blood bursting out of the firing slits when there is an internal armour flaking and most of all, the tweaking of that dreaded timer that trigger the sudden and gamey death of all Challengers at a pre-set moment of all QBs?

I can't believe I'm still playing that game!

All of those gross distortion of Facts should have wrecked my fun.

Yeah!

And, why can't .50 run?

In SPR I've seen guys running as if it was a movie.

And, and...

How come there is no Color Enhanced people in CM?

Me want Colonial Troops for the French.

And a batch file to avoid Black SS!

And the M16 HT!

Why can't the bloody Limeys use bonafide US of A AFVs so that it could be easier to get a feel for those?

I want a refund!

I want a forum open just for Lewis & Jeff!

Me fink a properly modelled Challenger would not delay too much the completion and release of CMBB.

BTS should prove me wrong!

:D

And lest I forget, there is far more Peng in the Board than we ever had in the Pool.

I demand that all Threads be locked because they are a waste of bandwidth and may hinder the prospective sales of BTS.

For the Blood Thirsty, here comes a sneak of my upcomming Gore MOD:

P80000912.jpg