Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

CM2 Suggestion - True Combat Mode

I really like playing "true combat" vs. the AI (you can't move the camera up above the 1st or 2nd view) but I still toggle up to the "balloon in the sky view" occasionally, i think out of habit, and it's really annoying. I just think it would be cool to select a mode where the game will not let you go above the 2nd camera view. Just a suggestion...

In my experience you need level 7 or 8 to use as a company commander's map. ONLY to look, mind you, at the disposition of your units and the terrain, obstacles, objectives around you.

You also need level 5 to negotiate ONLY in and around buildings and obstacles, such as to go to the corner of a second story building.

I've played this way some and think it is really fun to play. I think there are a few simply addition to the game that would make it even more fun.

1. Sometimes its easy to get disoriented. A "compass" dsipaly would be nice, i.e an arrow that points north that is always on the screen.

2. Rules that enforce the levels to prevent accidental or deliberate cheating. They could also be used to simulate C2. For example only CO's can zoom to the map view level.

3. If the hills are large (e.g. San Pietro scenario). Its really hard to play at level 1 and 2. A tilt view command would help here.

4. A unit lock mode that lets you slew around the view but that keeps it origin on the observing unit would be helpful.

5. zthe ability to attach text notes to units would help keep from getting disoriented when stepping between units down at level 1. For example you could create a note that read "B platoon is on my left and C platoon is on my right".