The Soviet View

Himdog posted a great link on some of the Soviet views of the war... it has some great first person accounts and pictures, unfortunately,the topic is getting off topic about some other German account.

The link is:

http://history.vif2.ru/atwar/index.html

I just finished a story about how a Soviet described the difference between the Katayshu and Nebelwerfer, and how much better the Katayusha was.

This is one of the most intriging sites I've seen in a long time. Thanks Himdog!

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

Trying to find an old book that was written by a german staff officer about his experience on the eastern front and his evaluation of the soviet army. Once I find it will post the title and author (I remember that the title included the word "hell" but thats about it).

Do you know of any other accounts from the Soviet side? There are TONS of German views already available, and to be honest, I'm really more interested in finally hearing the view point from the other Allied power that played such an important role in defeating Germany. With the opening of old Soviet archives, I suspect more are on the way.

------------------

Doc

God Bless Chesty Puller, Wherever He Is!

Originally posted by Bhaal:

Trying to find an old book that was written by a german staff officer about his experience on the eastern front and his evaluation of the soviet army. Once I find it will post the title and author (I remember that the title included the word "hell" but thats about it).

"Fighting in Hell - The German Ordeal on the Eastern Front" Edited by Peter G. Tsouras.