Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Yet another idea for future CMs.

I was wondering what it would be like to have messages from a superior officer occasionally appear during a battle. Something like the briefings, they would be text and maybe something about reinforcements on their way or something similar. Like a message that 3rd company is on their way or something, just for a little more feel of actual command. Or perhaps harassment about when that village should be cleared or why are those krauts/amis still there? Maybe have them tied to trip flags or something. Feel free to comment.

Cool. I can see it.

{message} Third Company is on the way.

{player} Who the devil is Third Company?

{message} Third Company is delayed by enemy fire.

{player} Wonder which way they were coming?

{message} Third Company took a wrong turn at Bougainville and will not be coming.

{player} Man this game gets spooky sometimes.

{message} AFV (Annoying Female Voice), states it is time to end the game.

{player} How the hell did CM know that?

{message} We know all, we see all, we report everything back to the BTS Center for Intelligence where your input is analyzed, your life assimilated, and your code number programmed into the BTS forum server for conflict auto-response message generation based upon your code number level, as determined to be BTS friendly, or BTS unfriendly.

{player} But I like CM!!!

{message} Third Company is on the way.

:D

[ 09-10-2001: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]

I get messages from a superior officer all the time. Usually it's either verbal ("It's 3am, aren't you coming to bed?") or ("Can I have the computer? You've been on it all day playing that damn game"). Sometimes it's hand written notes, in code no less (sniff, sniff..smell that? something needs to be taken out) or (08/19/69...what does this date mean to you?).