Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

TRP Boresight Feature Not Working?

From page 89 of the CM manual:

Other on-map ordinance, like antitank guns, can use TRPs as well. When firing at enemy units on or very near a TRP, they gain a considerable accuracy bonus because they are considered to have "boresighted" or "ranged" their weapons to the TRP before the battle.

This function does not appear to be working as far as I could tell.

I set up 2 Shermans 1200m way from a 75mm AT gun. One of them was sitting right on a TRP while the other was quite a distance away from it (about 200m). There was no difference in the to-hit percentage between the 2 tanks for the 75. Either I am misunderstanding how this feature works or it is not working.

I just retried this with 1.12 with the same results.

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV

Could you explain how you performed the test?

- What percentage of first round hits were there?

- How many rounds on average did it take to make the first hit?

The hit percent shown at the targeting line should read the same in both cases, and hit chance for prolonged firing should be the same. It's just the bracketing that isn't (supposed to be) needed with a TRP.

(IMO specific TRPs shouldn't be needed for direct fired heavy weapons in prepared positions at all, since SOP is to measure the ranges to all clearly visible terrain features and positions where the enemy can be expected to appear anyway.)

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Webmaster of Combat Mission för svensktalande, a CM site in Swedish. Norwegians, Finns, Danes and Icelanders are also welcome as members, others can still enjoy pictures and downloads.

Strategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...

Detta har kånntrollerats av Majkråsofft späll-tjäcker.

Vanir,

Set up your tanks again. But this time, target the tank standing on the TRP "again" and you will see a much higher hit percentage.

"T" - target the tank and then "T" - target it again, that's it.

I have no idea why it works like this or what it actually means for the combat execution though.

M.

Originally posted by Mattias:

Vanir,

Set up your tanks again. But this time, target the tank standing on the TRP "again" and you will see a much higher hit percentage.

"T" - target the tank and then "T" - target it again, that's it.

I have no idea why it works like this or what it actually means for the combat execution though.

M.

Nice catch Mattias. I never noticed that before. The hit percentage goes up on the second target command for everything, but does so much more for the unit on the TRP. I too wonder why that is.

------------------

You've never heard music until you've heard the bleating of a gut-shot cesspooler. -Mark IV