Things which sucks

1) Situation : Three squads move in over open terraine. I order my MG to fire on one of them. MG fires, the squads turn around and retreats. My MG continue to fire on the retreating squad for the rest of the turn, while the other two squads come closer without casualities. That's nonsense. After the first squad flees the MG should imediatly target the next squad.

2) When I wish to adjust artilleryfire out of LOS, I see only a red/black line and don't know when I'm outside the 'adjusting-zone', while I have a clear report when in LOS. And BTW, it's nothing post WWII that the fighting troops was used to adjust fire, not only special Spotters. Maybe we need a additional chain of command, from the squads to it's HQ to the Spotter?

------------------

Keine Gefangenen!

Visit my Combat Mission Sound Mods site!

Scipiobase

Join the Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club

1- Let the TacAI pick the target, it'll switch readily enough. When a player selects a target for a unit it tends to stay with that target.

2- The allowable adjustment is 100m, though yeah the out of LOS black/red line is kind of a nuisance. A differing shade of green signifying out of LOS but still within the 100m would be more convenient.

Guest Mr. Johnson-<THC>-

Steel Panthers has a nice little circle that pops up when you are making arty adjustments, its very nice and wish that feature was installed in CMBO.

Guest KwazyDog

Scoripo, Joe had it right for number 1. When you target a specific unit the Tac AI treats it as a primary target, and tends to stick to it longer than it would if left to its own devices. If no target is selected the Tac AI will select targets as it see's fit, and should switch targets more often to find greater threats. A search may find more info on this.

Joe, the suggestion you made for number 2 sounds like a good one, Ill pass it onto the guys.

Dan

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 03-13-2001).]

Originally posted by KwazyDog:

Scoripo, Joe had it right for number 1. When you target a specific unit the Tac AI treats it as a primary target, and tends to stick to it longer than it would if left to its own devices. If no target is selected the Tac AI will select targets as it see's fit, and should switch targets more often to find greater threats. A search may find more info on this.

Joe, the suggestion you made for number 2 sounds like a good one, Ill pass it onto the guys.

Dan

[This message has been edited by KwazyDog (edited 03-13-2001).]

1) Thanx, learned a new lesson smile.gif

2) That's fine, too.

------------------

Keine Gefangenen!

Visit my Combat Mission Sound Mods site!

Scipiobase

Join the Blitzkrieg Wargaming Club

Originally posted by Scipio:

1) Thanx, learned a new lesson smile.gif

2) That's fine, too.

One thing though - especially with the .50 Cal MG, it is awfully slow to turn. So that when the TacAI goes to re-target with this weapon, it takes several seconds sometimes a lot more to begin firing on target. So in that instance you might be better off picking a target for the .50