Online clubs?

Hello all,

Can anyone suggest a good online club to join? I am thinking about Band of Brothers but thought I would ask incase I have missed some.

I am not looking for a ladder, just a group of people interested in teaching me a few lessons in CM warfare and curing me of a potential case of hubris.

As a side note: When playing against the computer what is your prefered way of stacking the deck against yourself?

Personally, I like to play medium quality airborne against high quality combined forces that have about a 130% force advantage...in a meeting engagment. I really have no idea how this rates in terms of difficulty but I sure do enjoy taking out armor with PIAT's!

Unfortunately, I think it retards my ability/experience in using nonairborne resources.

Cheers,

Nate

Welcome Nate it's always nice to see new people come aboard. As far as club's I really can't answer that as I have only used this forum in the close to 3 years that I have been playing this game and have never needed any other place. Now saying that I am sure that the other sites are great too but you really don't have to join one to learn to play. Everything is here is except mods and that's another story. Anyway, welcome and hopefully others will follow me that have more knowledge on club's. Enjoy and you are in for the treat of your life. I know I have.

One interesting way to stack the deck against yourself is to let the computer pick your forces and give the AI size and experience advantages. Personally, I think using computer-chosen forces is the biggest challenge, since the AI never picks forces similar to what I would pick on my own. AI force size bonuses usually just mean you may run out of ammunition for some units.

Nate,

Join the brothers. Inspecting their updated memberlist, I see the names of practically everyone I ever heard of in the CMBO saga. What's more, it is the only english speaking club that I know of.

And there is B&T. Not a club as such but a fellowship of designing and testing scenarios. I find it rewarding to be a playtester there. Most of these designers are very skilled at creating stimulating challenges. You'll recognise most of the names there too.

Then there is of course the CMMC. Not a club as such either, but certainly a congregation of a wide mix of skill levels. Pretty demanding in time and effort to be part of it though.

Or indeed start a new club smile.gif It's not as we have too many of them around.

To cure the Airborne habit, run some scenarios with ordinary UK/CW infantry. The lack of automatic weaponry and emphasis on ranged combat will undo any derogative sideeffects of airborne addiction. Of course, there is no getting away from the PIATs... smile.gif

Regards

Dandelion