Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Sherman Crews are morons

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

I think you missed my point. Would a crew just sit there with there fingers in their asses? Simple example. Regular Tank is ordered to move forward 100 meters. At 50 meters you decide to give the tank new orders: reverse back 25 meters. What does the tank do? It stops dead cold...doesn't continue forward...waits 13 seconds, then proceeds to reverse. Im not saying this is good or bad, I'm just asking if this is realistic.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think you don't quite understand the difference between "white" waypoints and "red" waypoints. Agreed, it's a little gamey when plotting moves, but that's how the system works.

A white waypoint is one that is currently been plotted that same turn. A unit will follow that series of waypoints without stopping.

A red waypoint is one that had been plotted on a previous turn. Once the unit reaches the LAST red waypoint. It stops. Now if you add waypoints too it on following turns, the unit will still stop at the LAST red waypoint and wait its "command delay" before continuing.

However, you may change the move TYPE of any red waypoint in later rounds by clicking on it and hitting the SPACE BAR. So say for instance, you have a Sherman on a HUNT movement, and it sees a Tiger, but you want it to move FAST out of LOS of the TIGER. If you have waypoints plotted past the Tiger and the game turn ends. On the next turn, you can change the HUNT waypoints to FAST waypoints and then the Sherman will automatically go into FAST mode and it will not stop for its command delay. WHATEVER you do, DO NOT hit HALT, for this will evoke its normal command delay before moving again.

This information is in the manual on page 36 under EDITING WAYPOINTS.

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LOOONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

"Boo points, I punch."--Minsc, BGII

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bastables: Yes well how about you join the Royal New Zealand army become a Signaller and become attached to the armoured corps during your army career much like I did and have actual experience with military equipment and its use and/or misuse.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry if I offended you. I know I (and anyone else) run the risk of annoying those with real military expirience with my examples. I'm just using what I have to go on.

Besides...I really wanted to join the military at a point in my life, but I don't "qualify" not even for simple enlistment ( frown.gif)...probably wouldn't even make it past the draft board either...lol.

Anyway, sorry again if I my example seemed ludicrous in light of real expirience.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Guy w/gun:

Originally posted by Bastables: Yes well how about you join the Royal New Zealand army become a Signaller and become attached to the armoured corps during your army career much like I did and have actual experience with military equipment and its use and/or misuse.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry if I offended you. I know I (and anyone else) run the risk of annoying those with real military expirience with my examples. I'm just using what I have to go on.

Besides...I really wanted to join the military at a point in my life, but I don't "qualify" not even for simple enlistment ( frown.gif)...probably wouldn't even make it past the draft board either...lol.

Anyway, sorry again if I my example seemed ludicrous in light of real expirience.

Don't worry most of its just me.