Taking the plunge

Boy am I the last person you wanted to see this post. Sorry, my daughter had to put it on my computer. But I thought she said she had to place it in the CM folder, but don't quote me on it. Some body will come along and help you hopefully. Cool game isn't it? Wait a minute if you just bought the game you probably don't have to install that fix, but again sorry I'm not sure. Maybe this bump will make somebody else help. Good luck.

Actually, I've had the game since it's release. I've just been scared to install this patch for fear I'd screw up the game. As near as I can tell it doesn't self install like some other games.

Only thing I can tell you is maybe reword your post so somebody will look at it or email the guys at BTS and ask them. It's a bummer not knowing how to do something on these wonderful but damn computers. I know. Sure wish I could help. :(

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is King. Unfortunately I lost my eyesight right after I installed the patch but here is the instructions from the readme file:

1. Run the patch and select your existing Combat Mission install directory

as the destination. Unlike previous patches, the Public Beta will install

directly into your Combat Mission folder without further manual file copying.

The patch will create the necessary folders and files in all the correct

locations.

Hope this helps.