First Scenario: Large Axis Assault

OK, just "finished" my first scenario! It is a very large, combined arms Axis assault, 5000pts vs 3000, on a large map of my own design. Date is July '41. This is a fictional scenario that I hope has a realistic "feel." It depicts the tip of a German armored spearhead attacking a strategic town; I call it "The Tip of the Spear."

Point values are high and there is a lot of setup for the Soviet player, but the German side is more manageable because most of the forces arrive as reinforcements, spread over the first 2/3s of the game. Recce forces first, then the main body, then heavier assault units for the final push. I thought this would be an interesting alternative to an operation. Designed for play as 2 player or Axis vs AI. if you play vs Ai make sure you allow computer to place units as I have not set up defense for Russians yet.

I would be flattered if anyone would care to try the scenario and give feedback. Please email me directly for the file, by clicking on my username...

- Matt

PS - Apparently you need to be running the 1.03 patch to play the scenario...a good reason to patch if you haven't already! :)

[ May 07, 2003, 01:04 PM: Message edited by: SFJaykey ]