Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Some Questions

1)I know that the Panther had a tendency to break down, did the germans fix this at the end/during the war?

2) In CM, the late Tiger, has 100+ at the turret armor, what does that + stands for?

3) Why do some of AFV only have 85% quality armor, what is the difference between 85% and 100% and i'm thinking of the difference in armor, not the 15%?

4) Does anyone know a world war II site with eyewitness reports from russian soldiers on the eastern front?

thanks in advance

Greetings from Copenhagen, Denmark

Guest ckoharik

Originally posted by Lars H:

1)I know that the Panther had a tendency to break down, did the germans fix this at the end/during the war?

As well as I can recall they got *some* of the problems fixed but it still suffered from the need for constant maintenance.

2) In CM, the late Tiger, has 100+ at the turret armor, what does that + stands for?

It reflects the additional armor from the mantlet.

3) Why do some of AFV only have 85% quality armor, what is the difference between 85% and 100% and i'm thinking of the difference in armor, not the 15%?

The percentage is the quality of the armor. This has to do with the manufacturing process.

4) Does anyone know a world war II site with eyewitness reports from russian soldiers on the eastern front?

Can't help ya there.

thanks in advance

Greetings from Copenhagen, Denmark

Hope this helps. I'm sure the total Grognards will go more in depth on the answers if needed.

-Chris

Yes the less-than-reliable factors of the Panther and King Tiger, and to a somewhat lesser extent, the Tiger I are pretty well known. My question is whether this is modelled in CM. Other than a few bogs here and there, I have never had or seen one of these big cats just crump out on the battle field. Is this because the relatively short time encompassed by a scnario?

Just curious, I am not hollering for yet another patch. smile.gif

------------------

Capt. Byron Crank, US Army

Crank,

If the tank was going to fail, odds are it would be while enroute to the battlefield and not during the 30-60 minutes of the battle itself.

Rune