Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Overlord >Carentan Operation V2

I am in battle five of this operation and am still unsure as what my objective is as the Germans. I know I must hold, but only one objective is marked on my map. Some of the locations listed on my map are not shown. I have moved two of my platoons forward off the map seeking the second portion of the map. They are gone never to return. My forces are moved backwards each set up regardless of the ground my forces gain. I have lost and retaken one key objective three times already, but at end of battle find my frontline back another hundred meters or so. Any info please...the only other thing that comes to my mind is that I am holding ground quit well and the rest of the map lies behind me?

the only other thing that comes to my mind is that I am holding ground quit well and the rest of the map lies behind me?
Correct. As the German player your map is behind you, and because of the parameter settings you will always be pushed back no matter how well you do. Question: where are you now on the map? Can you point out any landmarks? If by game 5 you are still north of the river you are doing very well.

My troops are usually allowed to start about 100-150 meters behind St. Come Du Mont. The past two battles allied troops have been moving to my right flank without really attempting to advance and staying on or behind main road that crosses most of my front. I hope that they are attempting to make a massive attack of some sort on my right flank and not just ignorant AI. I am not sure if they need only try bypassing me which would be impossible considering that I have my troops covering all roads, as well as open ground thanks to the mounted panzer troops and a few tanks I just recieved. I like to think that the AI is preparing to find a less well defended portion of my defenses to attack...I would be impressed! I just completed all the single battles as the Germans and now have begun my first operation. Thanks.

You are doing very well so far, but then again you are playing against the AI. My advice is to play a human and not waste the scenarios and Ops on the AI. It does a decent job on the defense, but not so on the attack. Because Ops in CMBO lack victory locations the AI has nothing to help guide it, so it usually ends up advancing to the sound of the guns. The forces you detect massing on your right flank are most likely reinforcements that have arrived on that side of the map, and not a deliberate attempt by the AI to shift it's forces to your right.