An Issue that I think should be in CM2

I think that there should be a difference in uni textures between regular soldiers and Officers in CM2. It would be more realistic to have the German "officer" uni be festooned with Iron Crosses and the like, then the "regular" would be just the same as in CMBO, just a guy with no special medals. With this feature, it would be easy to distinguish between an Officer and Infantry without selecting or on the go.

------------------

"Nuts!"

-Brigadier General Anthony McAuliffe

[This message has been edited by Sgt Eagle (edited 02-23-2001).]

Boy I hope I'm answering this correctly but if not I feel sure someone else will answer it. The way I think I understood it is you don't see individual officers in the game. What you see is a Platoon HQ. So 8 or so of the troops in that Platoon are just that- enlisted guys. But now that I'm writing this I guess they still could just show the HQ platoon as someting special so you could pick him ( platoon ) out better. Hey, good idea. I always go after the HQ platoon first, especially after having one knock a couple of my shermans out.

Originally posted by David Aitken:

Officers are not likely to go into battle "festooned with Iron Crosses". The less distinguishable they are from their men, the less likely they are to be shot by a sniper.

British infantry officers who originally wandered around in Normandy with nice shiney map boards hanging around their mecks soon found this out.

This would strictly be for game purposes only. Wouldn't be a good idea in real life but would improve the game for us. I think it's a good idea. Actually, the more I think about it the better I like it. Hope somebody sees it and incorporates in CM2.