Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Large battles run choppy

If you have up to date drivers for everything, then start looking at what is eating your system resources as in you have a virus, or you are running a lot of system additions. In addition, Win 9x will loose system performance over time, some people reinstall it on a regular basis so get things like lost DLLs and screwy VM files and the like under control.

Setting the monitor resolution a notch lower than usual helps a lot.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

I looked at my startup in msconfig and saw that Office2000 boots up at start. I turned it off in startup and everything runs great now. Thanks SlapDragon and thank you Mr. Gates for such a resource hog of an Office program...........................Sorry for the Microsoft bashing, but I couldn't resist. smile.gif

------------------

If it bleeds, we can kill it.

Guest Andrew Hedges

There's a smallish utility called EndItAll you can download from CNET that will, as the name sort of suggests, end all of those programs that automatically start up with a mouse click; you can also configure what gets shutdown and what stays on. I generally run it all the time before I start any game, although, with your system, maybe you don't need to.