Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

COMBAT MISSIONS: WAKE UP YOU 'ORRIBLE LOT!

Lots of new stuff for you today!. smile.gif

1). "Stopping The Rot" - A brand new scenario by Simon 'Onejob' Page. Set in a small village in Norfolk England, the Germans have managed to successfully launch Operation "Sealion" and are fighting on British soil, WHAT!?...NEVER!..."We will fight them on the beaches. We will"...erm sorry!.

2). Tigers latest Mod Masterpiece - Battered Panther VG. Exceptional work again (despite what Maximus says!) smile.gif

There...is'nt she lovely....and so deadly

bigcat.jpg

3). Combat Mission Boot Camp - Last but not least - COMBAT MISSIONS announces the start of a brand new series of articles written by Forum Member - Gremlin. In his first piece, Gremlin looks at the use of Artillery in CMBO. Essential reading!!!!.

Thats All Folks!

------------------

COMBAT MISSIONS - Resources For Combat Mission

[This message has been edited by Manx (edited 01-21-2001).]

Thanks for the Boot Camp article, arty is difficult to use but extremely effective. I'm still having some problems in using on-map mortars. First, their low ammo supply, 3 German 81 mm onmap mortars get 70 or so HE, while one offmap has 150 for less points.

The smoke produced is even worse. The onmap would seem to be more flexible, but their slow speed and reliance on a HQ spotter close by make them almost impossible to use offensively. They also have an annoying tendency to ignore their spotting HQ when some other HQ happens to flee or pass by near them. In an attack situation, onmap mortars seem to me to be waste of points.

Then again, seeing a 2-inch mortar knocking out a Puma in the Arnhem campaign was a sweet sight..

Just checked out the Artillery Boot Camp article. It gets the DeanCo Newbie Seal of Approval. I see there are a lot of new players these days who are not really into wargames per se and this kind of article is really useful to those folks. Well written, informative, covers pretty much all the bases, kept as short as possible...great!

Can I just ask you to enlarge the font size a bit? Or change the color or somefink? I had a hard time reading it. Maybe my eyes are ruined from sqiunting at those interface icons for too long, smile.gif but I don't notice this when I go to other sites.

------------------

DeanCo--

CM interface mods: http://mapage.cybercable.fr/deanco/

so many games...so little time