Camouflage Bonus

While I was thinking about how close air support is modelled in CM, I wondered whether vehicles receive a "camouflage bonus" when they start out in scattered trees. I think that would simulate crews using foliage to conceal them. When the vehicle moves, engages a target or is engaged, then that bonus is removed. That bonus would only apply in spring or summer, of course.

------------------

"He belongs to a race which has coloured the map red, and all he wants are the green fields of England..."

- Joe Illingworth, Yorkshire Post War Correspondent

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sirocco:

While I was thinking about how close air support is modelled in CM, I wondered whether vehicles receive a "camouflage bonus" when they start out in scattered trees.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm pretty sure they do.

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Strategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I'm pretty sure they do.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But, in addition to actually being in scattered trees, do they receive a bonus for actually starting in them? I can't remember seeing any mention of that anywhere.

------------------

"He belongs to a race which has coloured the map red, and all he wants are the green fields of England..."

- Joe Illingworth, Yorkshire Post War Correspondent

Originally posted by Sirocco:

But, in addition to actually being in scattered trees, do they receive a bonus for actually starting in them?

Yes and no.

Yes with regards to enemy ground troops, that won't spot them as easily between setup and the first order phase.

No wrt aircraft, since the aircraft is off board at the start of the game. Aircraft don't communicate with ground troops, so no sharing of targets (should?) apply.

Cheers

Olle

------------------

Strategy is the art of avoiding a fair fight...