Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

uber soldier

How could a single german rifleman take out a pershing and a sherman jumbo, both over 120-200 meters away. Distraction. Apparently this single infantryman was such a tempting target that both crews decided they wanted to risk turning their tanks so the rear faced some german armor. Although this is a fairly rare occuance it would be nice if the AI placed a high priority on armored targets and a very low priority and infantry sqauds that had only a guys or 2 left.

Search. This has been adjusted several times, both ways. Tank crews will engage what they percieve to be the biggest threat. Infantry in close are a tanker's worst nightmare. The Germans didn't make panzerfausts for plinking tin cans with, you know. If the tank crews couldn't see an enemy tank, infantry gets the highest priority.

You can help reduce this effect by keeping tanks unbuttoned, so they will see enemy tanks faster.

Exactly why were there infantry behind your tanks anyway? Even uber tanks should be kept 200 yards behind your frontline infantry, or you risk losing a bunch of them from shrecks or zooks.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Originally posted by Time:

How could a single german rifleman take out a pershing and a sherman jumbo, both over 120-200 meters away. Distraction. Apparently this single infantryman was such a tempting target that both crews decided they wanted to risk turning their tanks so the rear faced some german armor. Although this is a fairly rare occuance it would be nice if the AI placed a high priority on armored targets and a very low priority and infantry sqauds that had only a guys or 2 left.

You also have to realize that a tank does not automatically see every unit you can see. A zook or chreck can pop up, and you can yelll, "blast it", but it may not yet even be away the thing is there (part of the hesitation factor).