Routed crew runs straight toward the enemy???

In a scenario, I had a 6 pounder AT-Gun behind a hedge that overlooked a wheat field "killing zone" and it was shot out by a StuG. So where does the routed crew run to? Straight through the hedge and into the wheat field towards the enemy.

Now this may have been due to how the scenario's "friendly" map edges were set up. Now if so, this makes sense, but shouldn't the AI take over and realize that it's running straight towards the enemy as per the "taking cover AI" tweak?

------------------

"Live by the sword, live a good LONG life!"-Minsc, BGII

I had the same problem with a squad dug in on the other side of a hedgerow today. I wonder about the map edges you mentioned since the battle I was fighting was a north-south engagement with the Germans defending against an American attack pushing south.

Guest Madmatt

Guys, do either of you have any saved files for this? I want to do some testing on it but I can't seem to replicate this, at least not so far.

Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Ok, I think I see the problem. I did a little test and saw something similar. They ran into the wheat field Max?

They might have been trying to use the increased concealment of the wheat to try and hide them. I will mention this to Charles and see if maybe this is intentional or if we can tweak it somewhat.

Madmatt