Oh...the horror!

Im sad, very sad. Just when my CMBO started to feel, sound and look the way I wanted, with all mods, scenarios and soundfiles installed, I accedentially DELETES the goddamn directory when trying to uninstall Halflife, of all games...

I guess I have to start over from the beginning again. Next time I'll back up the directory to both harddrives AND burns the BMP, scenario and soundfiles to a disc!

Just wanted to share my sadness with somebody, and my girlfriend could never understand the state im in. :mad:

Sierra Utilities whacked your directories most likely.There was a bug in it where it would delete not just the game,but also the main directory as well.So it you intalled halflife in games/halflife and then uninstalled,you would lose your games directory as well.

Sierra is the devil.

-Monkeybutt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Monkeybutt:

Sierra Utilities whacked your directories most likely.There was a bug in it where it would delete not just the game,but also the main directory as well.So it you intalled halflife in games/halflife and then uninstalled,you would lose your games directory as well.

Sierra is the devil. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Damn! So that's what happened!

This happened to me like 9 months ago, and I never could figure out what the hell caused my "Games" directory to erase itself!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Flipper:

moral of the story DON'T make A game's directory!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or back up your saved games often.If you got a zip drive or CD-RW drive it's real easy.

Power Archiver makes it easy.Just highlight the stuff you want saved,right click,select "compress to",then save the file to zip disk or cd-rw.No more ulcers! I backed up my Baldur's Gate 2 saves that way.

You can get powerarchiver at www.download.com

-Monkeybutt