Does a Pre-LOS Target Command Improve Spotting?

My apologies if this has already been covered. Here's the situation: At the end of a turn, my tank is about to come over a ridge to meet an enemy tank. My infantry are watching the enemy tank from the woods. I can give a target command to my tank to target the enemy tank.

If I give that order, will it improve the speed with which my tank will acquire the enemy tank in the next turn? If not, what effect does the order have?

Originally posted by Leonidas:

My apologies if this has already been covered. Here's the situation: At the end of a turn, my tank is about to come over a ridge to meet an enemy tank. My infantry are watching the enemy tank from the woods. I can give a target command to my tank to target the enemy tank.

If I give that order, will it improve the speed with which my tank will acquire the enemy tank in the next turn? If not, what effect does the order have?

I know it will help the AI 'stick' to the target you want them to - if you have 2 tanks over the ridge, and don't target, the AI will pick whichever it wants, but if you specifically target one beforehand, it'll be more likely to fire at that one. I don't know if it increases acquisition time - it would make sense. A sort of "Ok, go up to that ridge, there should be an enemy tiger on the other side in front of you" order.