Team Rumble II - German Forces Flushed With Victory

FIRE IN THE WEST

The offical newssheet of the 2nd Panzer Army

18 Dec 1944:

High-spirited German assault troops are continuing to make their way through the Ambleve Valley against scattered and disorganized resistance.

The first of three objectives has fallen squarely into German control, and the last pitiful remnants of an ad hoc American defense team is being mopped up. German casualties have been astonishingly light.

Several burning Yankee vehicles have dotted the countryside around the objective, and dead GIs are being searched for chewing gum even as this is being written. Several heavy weapons pits have been identified and eliminated with no loss to the German forces.

"Strictly an amateur show," says the Captain in charge of the battle group. "I will probably get to go on Christmas leave after all. From what I've seen of the enemy, they have no concept of tactics or unit cohesion. I had to laugh when I saw how their bridge defences were laid out."

The Battle Group will be hosting a wine and cheese party at Antwerp City Hall at 1900 hours on the evening of December 20th. All ethnic Germans in the area are invited to attend. There will be fireworks in the harbor afterwards.