Gaminess

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by yeknod:

Cybeq:

What I'd like to see is the same tactics used in a context or a partially determined OOB (tweaked to suit all tastes and styles) that, for the most part, relegates discussion about gaminess to a footnote. As I said in my original post, there ain't much option other than turning on / off AI choosing units. What about refining this method to offer more choice so that we have the best of both worlds?

Yeknod

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Me and the gentelman I play have done somethink like this... in our own limited way. Gameyness has never been a problem with us and we have been playing battles for about 8 or 9 months now.

But we have tried to take this to the 'next level' and are trying to purchase units in a somewhat realistic manner. What his means is that we buy most things in 4's (platoons). All tanks come in 4's... 4 panthers, 4 shermans (you can mix the flavors), 4 hetzers, whatever. Small guns you buy in 4's, big ones you buy in 2's. Inf in bought by the company but you can 'attach' 2 plattoons to the company. Stuff like that. The only thing we have 'banned' is the puma's. Everything eles is a go.

So far its gone well.

rv

Incidentally, detailed armour hits aren't, at least not once you pass the 1000m mark. I've seen that in a firing gallery scenario, after 1000m, internal spalling is made known to the player whose tank it was that spalled, but not to his opponent.