Bocage blues

I have a problem with Bocages..

To wit, trying to get troops to run up to them often results troops trying to run OVER them and getting slaughtered in the progress.

What's the proper use of Bocages in game terms when defending against attack from the other side of the bocage?

Keep them covered so anyone trying to cross will be slaughtered so the enemy has to use the holes in bocages'?

Well, if you are trying to use bocage as a defense line, it's the same as for hedges & walls: you don't plot initial deployments or movement paths ON the bocage, but just behind it.

Bocage also constrains the "LOS arc" significantly.

Bocage is difficult to cross, but can be done within a turn's time. Under the "run" command, an infantry squad will take about 25-30 seconds to cross.

I have noticed this problem, and it is a bug as far as I am concerned.

If placed too close to bocage, with the enemy on the other side of the bocage, sometimes infantry under fire will run forward, *towards the enemy*, and into the bocage, where they are of course all killed or wounded.

This needs to be changed ASAP.

In the meantime, I try to keep my infantry far enough back from the bocage to prevent this fatal AI logic.