Ambush markers in TCP/IP

Happy New Year all.

I have a question for everyone who's TCP/IP'd a game. Has anyone noticed a problem with Ambush markers disappearing after each turn??

Let me give the scenerio. This is with the newest version released, Beta 24. Yesterday I played my first ever TCP/IP game with an individual on the RD ladder. We were finishing up our Tournament game. We had been previously playing via PBEM, but we decided to use TCP/IP to complete it. (And maybe that has something to do with it).

Anyway, I had a PIAT team and Daimler both hiding with separate ambush markers waiting for some enemy armor to crest a rise in the terrain. For the 3 PBEM turns prior, the ambush markers remained in place, no problems. However, as soon as we switched to playing TCP/IP, I had to re-order every single turn. Neither unit was discovered or being fired upon.

However, since yesterday was the first day my TCP/IP cherry was being busted, I was so excited about playing, that I of course forgot to save any file like the moronic fool I am. Then, later on in the day, my wife had to hear the story of why I died, how my tactics in the snowy terrain had to be practiced more, blah blah blah. It was then that I realized I had forgotten to save the file I said to myself I would.

I've done a search and not seen anything on this, so maybe it was just a one time thing, maybe not. I would imagine that someone would have noticed this by now, however, maybe it only occurs if you switch from a PBEM to a TCP/IP game. I just thought I'd post it here and inquire if anyone else has had the same problem.

Thanks.

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich.

Guest Madmatt

I just checked this out in a little test I made up and the *targeted* ambush markers were fine when switching from PBEM to TCP.

Now remember, you have to keep those markers targeted otherwise the markers will go away.

Do you still have a saved file from any of the turns where you continually had to replot the Ambush Markers?

Madmatt

Matt,

Thanks for the quick response. I sure don't, but I'll check with my opponent and maybe he does.

I am positive that I had them targeted. I had to do the step each turn. (Set Ambush, target Ambush marker) As I mentioned, they sat there for 3 or 4 turns in the PBEM prior to the TCP/IP play with no problems whatsoever.

I will email my opponent when I get home this evening and see if he has any of them left. I clean those puppies out pretty quick. ::kicks self:: If he does, I'll forward them ASAP.

Thanks again.

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich.