allied Anti Armour,, which to get for defence?

Just toying around with a QB,allied defense.

With version 1.1,the hellcats seem to have come to their own a bit with the tungsten availability being changed.

Im still having difficulty deciding which mix is best suited for a 2,000 point defense.

Over the hellcat im swinging for the 90mm M36

as both vehicles seem to be well suited for mobile AT defence instead of the static guns.

Just like to get other peoples thoughts or idea's on this subject. smile.gif

------------------

"Some people don't see the light until they first feel the heat"

Just toying around with a QB,allied defense.

With version 1.1,the hellcats seem to have come to their own a bit with the tungsten availability being changed.

Im still having difficulty deciding which mix is best suited for a 2,000 point defense.

Over the hellcat im swinging for the 90mm M36

as both vehicles seem to be well suited for mobile AT defence instead of the static guns.

Just like to get other peoples thoughts or idea's on this subject. smile.gif

------------------

"Some people don't see the light until they first feel the heat"

My personal recommendation is for hellcats and 57mm AT guns. Use the guns for flank shots, under 400m, they can take out anything short of a jagdtiger that way. Use more than one gun so if your opponent turns toward one, the other can hit his sides.

Beware though, hellcats are horrible when there's fighter around. Their armor can't stand a near miss by a bomb, and their top armor gets penetrated every time by MG fire. If you get them, get a pair of 40mm bofors guns in case your opponent gets any fighters.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

My personal recommendation is for hellcats and 57mm AT guns. Use the guns for flank shots, under 400m, they can take out anything short of a jagdtiger that way. Use more than one gun so if your opponent turns toward one, the other can hit his sides.

Beware though, hellcats are horrible when there's fighter around. Their armor can't stand a near miss by a bomb, and their top armor gets penetrated every time by MG fire. If you get them, get a pair of 40mm bofors guns in case your opponent gets any fighters.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Guest Germanboy

UK 17pdr towed AT gun. Fireflies/Challengers/Comets for tanks. Achilles for TDs. Tungsten is for weenies and Americans who can not design a decent anti-tank gun biggrin.gif

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

Guest Germanboy

UK 17pdr towed AT gun. Fireflies/Challengers/Comets for tanks. Achilles for TDs. Tungsten is for weenies and Americans who can not design a decent anti-tank gun biggrin.gif

------------------

Andreas

Der Kessel

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

You didn't specify nationality, but here's some thoughts.

- Hellcat -- speedy and lethal.

- Archer -- (yes really). Got a chance to use one the other day and it really is a fully function mobile AT gun. Give it good cover and a path to fast move to safety.

- Any 76mm armed tank.

- Daimlers/Greyhounds -- also speedy and can be very dangerous on defence. Low cost and flexible platforms.

- 57mm/6pdr AT gun -- set them up with interlocking fields of fire to get flank shots. Few Germans can take these in the side. Keep them hidden and don't reveal them until the panzers show themselves.

- 40mm Bofors -- shreds light things, blows down buildings like a hurricane, and will suppress/pin/break anything soft it catches moving. It won't last long once spotted though.

Just my thoughts. Others will disagree. Everyone has their favourites.

------------------

When it's my turn to march up to Glory,

I'm gonna have one HELL of a story...

Guest Andrew Hedges

I would second the Bofors idea; I think those guns always pay for themselves. Set them up on the flanks and use for flank shots against main armor or directly to take out armored cars.

You didn't specify nationality, but here's some thoughts.

- Hellcat -- speedy and lethal.

- Archer -- (yes really). Got a chance to use one the other day and it really is a fully function mobile AT gun. Give it good cover and a path to fast move to safety.

- Any 76mm armed tank.

- Daimlers/Greyhounds -- also speedy and can be very dangerous on defence. Low cost and flexible platforms.

- 57mm/6pdr AT gun -- set them up with interlocking fields of fire to get flank shots. Few Germans can take these in the side. Keep them hidden and don't reveal them until the panzers show themselves.

- 40mm Bofors -- shreds light things, blows down buildings like a hurricane, and will suppress/pin/break anything soft it catches moving. It won't last long once spotted though.

Just my thoughts. Others will disagree. Everyone has their favourites.

------------------

When it's my turn to march up to Glory,

I'm gonna have one HELL of a story...

Guest Andrew Hedges

I would second the Bofors idea; I think those guns always pay for themselves. Set them up on the flanks and use for flank shots against main armor or directly to take out armored cars.

Originally posted by Germanboy:

Stick with Canadian 17 pdr ATGs and Fireflies. That way you don't have to listen to those impenetrable English accents.

biggrin.gif

Has anyone come up with some unpenetrable Scottish, Welsh, Cockney, and/or Irish accents yet?

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm

Originally posted by Germanboy:

Stick with Canadian 17 pdr ATGs and Fireflies. That way you don't have to listen to those impenetrable English accents.

biggrin.gif

Has anyone come up with some unpenetrable Scottish, Welsh, Cockney, and/or Irish accents yet?

------------------

http://wargames.freehosting.net/cmbits.htm