Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

More things I'm missing

Where are the magnetic hollow charge, (don't know the English name) Panzerwurfmine and 'Geballte Ladung'? They were very common in German units, and I guess in Allied units, too, otherwise the Germans hadn't developed Zimmerit covering for their tanks.

Why don't we have a 'Hunt' command for infantry units? And, why can't I order an assault, especially for infantery? Okay, I can order to 'Run', but I guess it's not what I expect...

Scipio

Generally you could consider these semi suicidal AT weapons as included, to whichever extent you want, since all infantry squads have the capability to destroy armoured vehicles in close combat.

In CM this is abstracted so that at close range you can see squads throw a grenade and at times knock out the vehicle. However, this does not mean that the squad actually threw a hand grenade at that Tiger, it means they engaged it in close combat.

*Oh, by the way, some of the British squads have "Gammond bombs", not sure how CM implements it but they are the closest thing available along the lines you were thinking*

In detail:

The magnetic mines went out of production when the need for magnets for other uses became pressing. This would have happened in any case as the appearance of the Panzerfaust made the magnetic and hand thrown HL charges unnecessary.

The geballte ladung is just one type of ad hoc AT weapon used by all sides, quite possibly one of which is used in the close assaults abstracted in CM.

As for the Zimmerit coating, the Germans added it because they feared that their opponents would make the same use of magnetic mines as they did. When this threat never really materialised they eventually (mid-late 44) stopped applying the Zimmerit coating.

"Hunt" for infantry has been discussed high and low, a search would probably point to further information.

M.

[This message has been edited by Mattias (edited 01-15-2001).]