Private pics from the Münster tank museum

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

Hello

I visited the webpage of a Panzer Elite unit to find some pics taken by one of their members. These pics are really good, so I thought I should post the link here.

Just click on the "Tankmuseum 1 & 2" links at the top of the page.

http://panzer.foru.de/

Enjoy!

Heinz

[This message has been edited by Heinz 25th PzReg (edited 03-22-2001).]

Wesreidau wrote:

Thanks for the tip, but a warning: don`t try to right-click on any pics and save `em...nasty sh** happens

What exactly? After that warning I just had to go there and save one picture (though I couldn't find the links to the museum pictures) and I didn't have any troubles at all.

- Tommi

Guest Heinz 25th PzReg

The links to the Museum pics are on the top of the page.

Its not possible to right-click on the pics and saving them. You will get a kind warning that if you want the pics, ask and the owner will send them to you.

Regards,

Heinz

------------------

"To subdue your enemy without fighting is the supreme excellence." - Sun Tzu, The Art of War

Visit my AAR site:

home.online.no/~andhess/cm/

And my Panzer Elite site:

25th-pzrgt.de

Heinz 25th PzReg wrote:

The links to the Museum pics are on the top of the page.

Oh, the site uses so much Javascript that I had trouble finding the links. I had to go through with Lynx and blind-select links until I found the correct one. Yes, pretty good pictures.

Its not possible to right-click on the pics and saving them. You will get a kind warning that if you want the pics, ask and the owner will send them to you.

Unfortunately the warning is implemented with Javascript. As I always browse without it, I didn't even notice it. There's no reliable way of preventing people from saving pictures that are posted in www-sites. The only working thing is to put a copyright notice on the picture. However, even that is not a completely satisfactory way since either the notice can be cropped out or it will obscure some important parts of the picture.

- Tommi

Hello

The Javascript on the site is little more then an annoyance. Simply grab the links from the page source and disable Javascript.

I find Netscape 4.7 (I haven't tried 6) works great for getting around sites coded like this.

Here are the links

http://home.t-online.de/home/Pz_Rgt_GD/munster.htm

http://home.t-online.de/home/loewe66/munster2.htm

Later

[This message has been edited by mccooper (edited 03-22-2001).]

Originally posted by Heinz 25th PzReg:

Hello

I visited the webpage of a Panzer Elite unit to find some pics taken by one of their members. These pics are really good, so I thought I should post the link here.

Just click on the "Tankmuseum 1 & 2" links at the top of the page.

http://panzer.foru.de/

Enjoy!

Heinz

[This message has been edited by Heinz 25th PzReg (edited 03-22-2001).]

Thanks Heinz, That was a cool site...

Archangel

Very nice. Thanks, I enjoyed that. Did you see the size of the King Tiger. Had no idea they were that damn big. Can you picture yourself in a sherman rounding a corner and seeing that sitting in front of you. Gunner bring me my brown pants. And what the devil is a tiger 2? Never heard of it, not that I would have. Looks more like a panther to me. I guess they were an improvement over the tiger.

Guest ckoharik

Originally posted by lcm1947:

Very nice. Thanks, I enjoyed that. Did you see the size of the King Tiger. Had no idea they were that damn big. Can you picture yourself in a sherman rounding a corner and seeing that sitting in front of you. Gunner bring me my brown pants. And what the devil is a tiger 2? Never heard of it, not that I would have. Looks more like a panther to me. I guess they were an improvement over the tiger.

Yeah, I would have needed a new pair of pants if that had happened to me. If you think that is bad you should stand next to a Jagdtiger like the one in Bovington, UK. Daaamnnnnn!

A Tiger II is just another name for the Koenig Tiger.