Email Troubles??

I got a good general question now that I am starting to understand Gamey manuvers in what I assumed was an honorable game.

Question: who's fault is it when one side says their email keeps messing up and the files they recieve are corrupt so they wish to start a new game and make one for you and send it back just fine?

Thinking: Could I then just wait a few turns and tell the other guy hey this is a messed file, My email does not work right. Let's start again here is a startup file. If I feel I can do better in a new start?

Question: Is there a way to resolve problems with those unfortunate with bad Email providers and is it my fault they do have bad ones?

Question: Can this be used as a game tactic in itself?

Question: Am I paranoid?

lol

Guest Babra

Email troubles is a mighty lame excuse. If he tells you the file was corrupted, just say, "Oh, sorry, here it is again" and resend it.

I think he's yankin' your chain.

Guest PondScum

Email corruption is pretty damn rare, especially if you're zipping the files (which adds an extra CRC check). Pretty much the only thing that can screw it up these days is human error on the part of the sender or receiver, or something going hideously but silently wrong with an ISP's mail system (like, a disk filling up).

I agree with Babra, just resend the turn. If they still claim it's corrupt, one or both of you can try a free web-based email account like e.g. hotmail (which works just fine with CM). If they don't want to do that, add them to your do-not-play-again-list....