Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Band of Brothers

OK I know you lot 'over there' saw it a month ago but I just watched the first double episode and was blown away. :eek:

What I want to know is if anyone has done or is planning a scenario on the 'capturing the guns' operation depicted?

Apologies if this has already been asked but as usual we lag behind in seeing these US produced films/programmes (even though it was largely filmed and financed over here, correct me if I am wrong) and it has only just occurred to me.

I've been wondering the same thing Boff. It would be hard to do, though, considering the very small number of men Winters had at his disposal.

BTW, there is a thread discussing BoB on the general discussion board. I believe it may have moved back to the second page so you may have to do some digging.

Yes, the murder of German POWs was an untimely acceptance of the truth. The Western Alies committed similar atrocities to the Malmedy massacre but got away with it without war crime trials because they were 'victors' (we already know about the atrocities committed by both sides on the eastern front). Well done Spielberg et al!

I wonder how long it will take before there is acceptance that 'democratic western' governments and their secret services have committed similar mass murder of innocents as happened on 11th September? Another 50 years? 30,000 innocent Nicaraguans murdered by the fascist Contra terrorists, created and funded by the CIA. Like the Germans in WW2, will the US people claim 'they knew nothing'? Heck, I thought we lived in a 'democracy', obviously I was wrong. The work of Reagan and Bush Snr (pardoned the guilty in the Iran-Contra Affair). :rolleyes:

GOD, I have seen your type before and your recent posts all have the same slant to them, a slant which goes against the stated purpose of this forum. In the past we were patient and just gavce out warnings hoping people would behave, now however, its easier to just ban them as we havent the time to waste.

Post your trite on usenet, not here.

Madmatt