CM2 B2B as mentioned in Computer Games magazine

Hey boys and girls,

I think this is not mentioned before.

Just get my hands on both July issue of CGW and CG mag, all for the previews of CM2. Here is the drill.

I am still reading the 3-pages CG preview "War! in 3D" by our friend Rober Mayer. From the screenshots, I see these:

1. Behind the article title, we can see bare 3D models of :

KV2, BT tank, Russian AC and a truck-mounted AAA on the left. (Please fill in for me, thx)

Elephant, Panzer IIIF (?), STuG IIIB and a Sdzk-250 on the right.

2. On the next page you see a shot showing a Soviet rifle platoon behind a tank, possible a T-34. Unlike the shots you would see in CGW, you can see the new GUI as mentioned by BTS.

Note the UI is not Deanco's mod smile.gif The buttons are more rounded in the corners and the color is different to CMBO: Green arrow for "Play", yellow arrow for "Start" button and both "REW" and "FWD" buttons are light blue.

To the left you can find the old camera control buttons. They are pretty much the same as the original but just the arrows are bigger.

Further left you can find the unit information which is completely different from the original.

On the farthest left, there is a unit protrait (hey is that sarge Matt and the TC Kitty?). On the top, you see the name and rank of the leader, the organization like 1st squad, 1st platoon, E company, and then the unit type.

Below the protrait, you can find the modifiers of the unit.

On the right to the protrait there is a box showing the unit strength (active + casualities) and the unit experience

Next to the box is the state of the unit and the delay duration.

Further below is the ammo count, broken down by ammo type.

Next to the state of unit is the current terrian the unit is in -- but this time it is expressed as a small pic with text. Below the terrian info is the moral state of the unit like "catious", "panic", etc.

On to the right of terrian info, you can find the weapon information. For rifle squad shown, you can see the number of grenades found. For AFV, you can find the side protrait of the vechile with various color bars surrounding it. It is the armor thickness/strenght for turret, superstructure and hull. Below the protrait of the AFV, you can find the information about the main gun (if any).

Next is the list of weapons of the unit. For infantry, you see the image of the weapons carried by the troop with the number of weapon. For AFV, it is broken down into each weapon mounts with the number of rounds left.

The tank presented on page 3 is a T-34/76A. I think it is the same for all T-34 shots shown.

"Relative spotting" is finally implemented, so no more jeep/truck recon for all you "gamey custard".

And the game is now slated for "Winter 2001".

I am sorry for my poor English, especially under great excitements.

I also hope I have not broken any copyright law.

Griffin.

[ 06-05-2001: Message edited by: GriffinCheng+ ]

I remember seeing early previews for CM a good two years before the blessed day BTS shipped it. Whatever screenshots we see now, it'll only get better as BTS refines the game and the 3rd party modders get their eagar paws on the game.