X-7 & Search function?

I just tried to do a search on the German X-7 ATG missile and waited and waited and waited [ 5 minutes later] nothing. Is their something wrong with the search function or is the data base that big?

Any way on to the question...wheres Markus H when you need him?

I heard from another poster that the X-7 was developed early in the war [ 1941?] and could have been pressed into service but it was not viewed as needed then and forgotten about by the end of the war.

Can Markus or anyone varify this ?

Also while I'm at it what where the X-7 figures ? [iE weight diameter, speed range penetration etc].

Thanks.

Gander & Chamberlain gives the following answers to your questions (my translation from the German text):

Development work started in 1944 and troop trials were conducted on the eastern front in January 1945 .

Designation: X-7 “Rotkäppchen” (ah, whatsthename the girl who meets the wolf on her way to see her granny)

Dimensions: 150mm diameter, 600mm wingspan, 950mm length

Weight: 9kg (warhead 2.5kg)

Va: 100 m/s

Burn time for booster: 2.5 sec

Cruise speed: 300 km/h

Combat range: 1200m

I’d be very interested to hear more. Perhaps a JS-III or two was nailed during the trials…

M.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Paul Lakowski:

I heard that on the Achtung Pz site it was reported that the design was started in 1941 but dropped because it was not seen to be needed and then subsequently forgotten about!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just incase you've never been to Panzerfaust page.

Panzerfaust

Most of the info you want.