Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Swamp wins T-House CM Winter 2001 Tourney

Tournamenthouse's 9 round, swiss-system CM Winter 2001 Tourney concluded last night, with Swamp (7W-1L-0D) facing off against Atlas (6W-2L-0D) for the championship. Swamp came away with the win to conclude the first of our seasonal CM tourneys.

T-House sends out a great "thanks!" to all players who participated. Getting this tourney under our belt has really helped identify problems with the format that can easily be fixed to provide a smoother and more enjoyable future tourneys.

Be looking for CM Summer 2001 Tourney sign-up coming soon at T-House. We will be changing over to 1 game per week (instead of two), with deadline start time on Saturday night rather than Sunday night. Additional fixes will also be implemented!

A big congrats to von_Schlaburg, GravesRegistration, Labapple and Subvet who all finished extremely well. We had 30 participants and we can handle 300 with our site's one-of-a-kind (as far as I know!)automated swiss-system tourney coding, so we hope you ALL will join us for Summer 2001!

In the meantime we are upgrading the graphics and features in our Chat/Play area to something similar to the MSN Gaming Zone. We also have an email opponent locator with game log. Everything you need. smile.gif Come join the ranks!

Homba

http://www.tournamenthouse.com/CM/

Swamp is a "gamey" vulture. I stayed true to history,purchasing the most "appropriate" units and implementing honorable tactics! If Swamp had any decency he would have met me in a fair fight; instead, he stabbed me in the back!

Guest Pillar

Congratulations to both of you for doing so well in the Tourney. I missed my chance to participate, but I was very interested in the proceedings. I've had the pleasure of loosing to Swamp myself, I know how it goes smile.gif While his choices are not necessarily always historical, they are effective, and that speaks for itself. I still have yet to see anyone conduct a succesfull defense against him as the Allies. Remember, all is fair in love and war wink.gif

Is there any chance of you both doing a quick AAR of your game? There would be a lot to learn from it for me and many others if you would.

Hopefully you and I can get a game again Atlas, I don't believe we finished our last one. (Was it a ceasefire?) In any case, I wasn't doing too well wink.gif

Congratulations once again to both of these fine players!

Any chance we can see a list with the final standings. I know swamp won; and I believe that Labappel, Atlas, and I tied for second. Is that correct? What were the final standings for everyone?

------------------

Craiger

All your victory flag are belong to me

Well, here is the final standings as far as I can tell:

1st place: Swamp

2nd place: 3 way tie - Labappel, Subvet, Atlas

3rd place: 4 way tie - Panzerdude, von_Lucke, von_Schalburg, GravesRegistration

Nobody was close to Swamp. He ended up with 16 points, and the nearest competitors ended up with 12.

------------------

Craiger

yeah some tourney...not, played one guy who had flame bren's american airborne, regular army an regular british force's all in one game sorry but those guy's are lame tried to get one opponet to pick random force's an he whinned an bitched, how pathetic can you get quit the tournament after that, these guy's have reduced CM to a hybrid version of tic tac toe! you can have them!

Admittedly, we made no effort to make this a historical tourney. In some rounds we did use different force-constitution settings, such as infantry, mechanized, armor, etc. We also used Fionn's 75 rule on two occasions. This tourney was never billed as anything other than an IP free-for-all. The rules never mentioned it being a historical tourney, or using random picks. Trying to do that would mean dealing with all the problems and controversy those kind of subjective limitations entail. Sorry you were disappointed, but... where you got your misconceptions I'm not sure.

Spring tourney sign-up coming soon.

www.tournamenthouse.com/CM/

Homba

Well Flipper, your "whine and bitch" is like walking into McD's and throwing a fit when they wouldn't give you a wopper. No **** sherlock. This wasn't a historic tournament; like Homba said, it was an IP free-for-all. That being said, most of the people I played picked their forces very reasonably. Personally the only time I think I could be accused of a crazy purchase was the last game, and that was just a fun experiment on my part. It was the last game of the tourney, and I wasn't playing for #1, so I picked forces that I have never used before.

It sounds to me like you got your ass handed to you, couldn't handle it, and quit. That doesn't surprise me at all since that is exactly what happened when we played back in January.

------------------

Craiger

Geez, don't mention historical OOB's at Thouse. People act like you insulted their mothers! I also learned the hard way about playing at Thouse. It is a great site and easy to use, care needs to be exercised in choosing your opponent to fit your playing style.

Subvet is right, the tournament (as far as I can tell) wasn’t described as “Anything Goes” or “Historical” setups so at Thouse the usual expectation should be “Anything Goes”. He could have chosen to say it to you politely however I think you must have insulted his mother by mentioning accurate OOB's.

Personaly I put forth an idea about having a second ladder people could join at Thouse to fit playing styles. After a few rants on the forum, a couple rude e-mails and some rude comments in the chat room I dorpped the idea.

***Disclaimer**** No one's mother was insulted in the above post smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Abbott (edited 03-19-2001).]