Can this forum be searched?

For some people (me) the search works great, for others it takes a very long time and few some it times out alltogether. Those with broadbanmd seem to have a much better go of it than those who do not for some reason.

Infopop admit that the search features on this version of UBB are very processor intensive and have some serious faults. Hopefully soon they will come out with a non-beta version of UBB 6.1 which supposedly addresses some of these issues.

One thing you will want to try and do is be as specific as you can when you conduct a search.

Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by markshot:

I was wondering if this forum can be searched? If so, what do I need to do.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we all know the correct answer to this question is: do a search. tongue.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Madmatt:

Those with broadbanmd seem to have a much better go of it than those who do not for some reason.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

{Clears throat in order to achieve a very high pitch whine}

Well, I have a cable modem, but no joy.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>One thing you will want to try and do is be as specific as you can when you conduct a search.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I try a search for 'video card', subject only, last 30 days, and it fails every time...

{resets voice to normal 'squeaking in the wilderness' tone, and slinks back to the cellar}

The search command has been pretty bad since the board upgrade. Hopefully the UBB folks will fix this (not much the Battlefront guys can do on this point)

Using member numbers will help a lot. If you want an offical answer on something, search on the topic with #42 as the member number (Bigtime Software). For technical stuff, #909 (Schrullenhaft) is a good bet.

Also, make sure you search the other forums individually. For things like video cards, search the tech-support forum. For scenario tips, the scenario forum. These are smaller forums, so you may have better luck with a search then in the main forum.

Ben

[ 08-24-2001: Message edited by: Ben Galanti ]