Nebelwerfer Ammunition

IIRC Nebelwerfer batteries consisted of 6 launchers with 6 tubes each. Shouldn't each observer have 36 rockets standard then? Also, if you set more than 36 ammo, I think it should be staggered between first wave and several minutes until the next. It should be even worse for the big ones, like 10 minutes between launches of 300mm rockets.

You're basically correct, of course!

Your point about reload time is very valid, and should possibly be implemented in CM2.

As for battery size, CM use a "one size fits all" formula for off map artillery; everybody's got 4 "guns", no matter what the historical organisation said.

Cheers

Olle

I agree, and one other thing I wonder about is the delay between individual rounds impacting.

AFAIK the reason they were so feared is that all the rounds from a launch would hit practically simultanously giving the targets virtually no time to get into cover.

Batches of half a dozen rounds hitting together rather then spread out over a couple of mins, that's something I'd love to see in CM. Is this reasonable or am I way off base?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Olle Petersson:

Have you tried using multiple rocket batteries firing at once?

I did in a PBEM! 100 rockets plastering nearly half of the map. (2 TRPs with one 15cm and one 21cm FO targeting each.)

My opponent nearly got shell shocked. smile.gif

Cheers

Olle<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I usually start my QB vs AI with 4 15cm spotters hitting 4 TRPs. It really cleans out the infantry. Even more fun is making a large town on a map and dropping 30cm rockets from 10 spotters on it.

I know for sure they got the rockets off fast because I saw some footage on the History Channel of them. Took about 2 seconds per rocket. The sound is pretty cool too.

[ 05-11-2001: Message edited by: panzerwerfer42 ]