Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Help with hosting scenarios

I'm having some trouble with a couple of scenarios on my website. After people email them to me, I can open and play them just fine. However, after I zip them and upload them to The Last Defense for other people to download, if I download them again and try playing them, CM quits. If I post them without zipping them, I can't download them. This is true for about half of the scenarios I'm hosting.

I'm on a Mac, using either Zipit or Dropzip to create and expand the zip archives. Does that make a difference?

------------------

The Last Defense- Made any scenarios? Send them here!

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Gustav,

I use Zipit too and well, I don't think it is a problem, cause I have used it in PBEMing against other PC players -- including some are using the original PKZIP.

About posting wihtout zip, just make sure people select "Save Target As..." (IE) to save the file and it is okay.

However, my site is developed almost entirely on LinuxPPC, well the tools is slightly different.

Hope it helps, though.

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

Posting without zip didn't work for me, though, so I'd rather not do it. (Netscape on Mac)

It's driving me crazy, becuase I can't think of anything I'm doing wrong. If the files are zipped, uploading them to a remote server shouldn't matter, right? :shrug:

------------------

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

Yeah, I don't see why it does not work. Are you using FTP upload or HTTP? If it is FTP, check to see if it is transferred in "binary" mode -- but Netscape should not have a problem with this cause I use Netscape on LinuxPPC and it is aokay.

Could you try IE for Mac?

Griffin.

------------------

"When you find your PBEM opportents too hard to beat, there is always the AI."

"Can't get enough Tank?"

Get the CMSOD at Combat Missing Command Post (CMCP) at http://www.angelfire.com/games3/CMCP/

I've been using Interarchy for FTP uploads. It's set to transfer by file mapping. Should I set it to transfer as binary or Macbinary?

I'll give IE a try tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

------------------

Ok, I'll give it a try tomorrow. Better get some sleep now. Thanks for the help.

------------------