terrain types where is sand

CM is brillaint and the editor is great only problem is that the terrain of sand doesnt seem to be there.Does anyone remember thr desert campaigns of nth africa and Rommel?

AAnyway I wonder if anyone knows if any future patches will add this terrain type or whether any mod out there exists .

Any response appreciated.

ZONN

After D-Day I dont think there were many locations that the Allies in Europe fought on that were covered with sand. Keep in mind that Combat Mission is BEYOND OVERLORD. After D-Day. They didnt model sand because there wasnt any. I think some people have used the wheat texture to look like sand but it wont give the same cover for game purposes.

Search, there's been plenty of people wanting sand, and Lanzfeld is basically correct.

If you want to do a beach, I recommend rough. It looks a lot like a rocky, cobbled beach covered with seaweed. Or just assume that it's high tide, and the water is going all the way up to the vegatation.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska

Originally posted by ZONN:

CM is brillaint and the editor is great only problem is that the terrain of sand doesnt seem to be there.Does anyone remember thr desert campaigns of nth africa and Rommel?

AAnyway I wonder if anyone knows if any future patches will add this terrain type or whether any mod out there exists .

Any response appreciated.

ZONN

The future patch you speak of will be none other than a whole new game called CM3: The Med. which will include North Africa, Italy, and Greece/Crete.

And for further "patches" as you call'em CM2 will be the Eastern Front, 1941-1945.

So hang in there guy, BTS is going to cover all of the European Theater regions and time periods.

BTW, CM4 is going to be the Early War, (Poland, Low Countries, France)

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 01-24-2001).]