CM Mod Manager and non-compliant mods

Hi all,

Sometime ago I had a dumb idea. Frustrated by the sheer number of mods available and the fact that there was no easy way to know which I wanted to install, even just for a battle, I decided to turn all mods I collected (80% of those existing and known out there) to "CM Mod Manager compliant".

I created jpg files where there were none, taken off the primitive batch files and replaced with neat CM Manager options etc.

Of course, I'll never be done as the net keeps on churning mods by the dozen, but I am pretty happy of the work so far.

Any idea on how I can put all this work to the service of the community?

:confused:

If its a file I already have hosted I will update the existing Mod entry with Mod Manager compliant files.

I have recently done this with serveral mods with the help of Gordon Molek.

Just be careful how you distribute these "upgraded modss" as whatever distribution agreements that were in place with the originals would still be in effect for these, that would include exclusive hosting rights, permissions etc...

Best bet is to contact the original author and webmaster of where you found the mods and just speak with them about uplaoding the newer updated versions.

Madmatt

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Madmatt ]