Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

How does moving units off the map affect QB score?

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

So, to me my holding a VL with out of ammo units, which in a tight situation might prevent an open field attack as such, would seem to me to be perfectly legitimate. Thus, my concern as to "what price perfection", that the gamey prevention quest may have spurred. Just a thought.

Bruno to me CM got it the wrong way: right now crews and no ammo units CANNOT hold VF but they MAY contest (i.e. grey out) VF.

It looks to me that the opposite should instead be true: You may hold it but not contest. That is if no enemy is nearby then the flag is your because of those units but if a fight capable enemy units approach you CANNOT contest his/her controling the VF.

Just a thought...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael emrys wrote:

"Quick, Sergeant, the smelling salts! The Colonel has just fainted!"

LMAO Michael! Good one. biggrin.gif

Seahawk, I believe I would agree with you. It would seem to me more legitiment for crews, who are armed regardless of the lack of consensus as to their combat worthyness, and out of ammo units who whether out of ammo or not, are "there" so to speak, and should be able to hold (record possession), of a VL. On the other hand, crews who are pretty weak combat wise, and out of ammo units who cannot contest anything really, should not be able to contest a VL. I had not thought of it that way, but your point makes sense to me. Glad you brought that up. It is sort of along the lines of what I was saying. If my opponent is either in such bad shape, or for whatever reason, avoids an attack because of units in a VL (whether crews or out of ammo units), then why shouldn't the VL be recorded as in possession of the side who has possession, whether it is by crews and out of ammo units or not, which is why the Colonel fainted as Michael pointed out. biggrin.gif

------------------

"Gentlemen, you may be sure that of the three courses

open to the enemy, he will always choose the fourth."

-Field Marshal Count Helmuth von Moltke, (1848-1916)

[This message has been edited by Bruno Weiss (edited 03-10-2001).]