Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Program Stability

I want to let BTS know how nice it is that CM is so stable. I can open three different instances of CM and hop between them without ever crashing. In a PBEM this is especially helpful when reviewing a movie in one instance while giving orders in another, and maybe reviewing an old movie in a third.

Of course, I hope that CM2 will have an improved movie system and PBEM so that reviewing old movies isn't so awkward. But flitting in and out of CM and running multiple instances will still be very convenient.

Originally posted by Leonidas:

I want to let BTS know how nice it is that CM is so stable. I can open three different instances of CM and hop between them without ever crashing. In a PBEM this is especially helpful when reviewing a movie in one instance while giving orders in another, and maybe reviewing an old movie in a third.

And I thought t'was a post about horrible crashing bugs rolleyes.gif ...

What's interesting is that until then, I'd realize that multiple CMs run quite well, but didn't have the idea to use them simultaneously ..

How do you do this ? With a 25" monitor and 3 brains eek.gif ?

Of course, I hope that CM2 will have an improved movie system and PBEM so that reviewing old movies isn't so awkward. But flitting in and out of CM and running multiple instances will still be very convenient.

YES it is VERY stable on my Mac.

I'm running Mac OS 9.1 and CMBO v1.12 and it is ROCK solid stable.

It does not crash and that is really a BIG compliment to the programmer Charles.

It is a joy to buy software that is so well maintained and updated and so solid and stable that you don't have to deal with the frustration of loosing everything when it crashes.

Ocasionally a TCP/IP connection is lost, but that is not the fault of the program, and even then the Delightful AUTOSAVE feature will bring you right back to where you were when the connection was dropped.

This software is coded EXTREMELY well because it does not crash. Since v1.12 was released I have been playing the snot out this game and I have not had one crash yet!

Thanks and KUDO's!!

-tom w

[This message has been edited by aka_tom_w (edited 02-16-2001).]

Originally posted by Pascal DI FOLCO:

How do you do this ? With a 25" monitor and 3 brains eek.gif ?

No, it's easy, though I suppose it takes a lot of hardware. Suppose I'm in a PBEM file where one file lets me watch a movie for the turn, and another file let me give orders for the next turn. I'll run the first instance of CM and give some orders. But then I want to know what happened in the last turn.

So I hit Esc, get back to the desktop, and run another instance of CM. In that second instance I load the file that lets me see the movie. I watch the movie for a while and determine what I want to know. Then I Esc back to the desktop, go back to the first instance, and give the orders.

I will occasionally run a third instance, to add up the other guy's purchase points or to use the deployment screen to check LOS from point to point.

No, it's easy, though I suppose it takes a lot of hardware. Suppose I'm in a PBEM file where one file lets me watch a movie for the turn, and another file let me give orders for the next turn. I'll run the first instance of CM and give some orders. But then I want to know what happened in the last turn.

So I hit Esc, get back to the desktop, and run another instance of CM. In that second instance I load the file that lets me see the movie. I watch the movie for a while and determine what I want to know. Then I Esc back to the desktop, go back to the first instance, and give the orders.

I will occasionally run a third instance, to add up the other guy's purchase points or to use the deployment screen to check LOS from point to point.

NOW thats mulitasking at its VERY finest!

I bet you just wish you had two or MORE fast computers to work on....

-tom w