Knuckle headed tankers

My combined allied force was assaulting a village held by the Germans. I was coming in on three seperate prongs of attack, a couple of tanks supported by rifle squads/support teams. All was going well. The jerry's were taking a pounding with flanking shots due to my forces entering the village simutaneously from the different sides, when a King Tiger gets id'ed in a rear area sidestreet. F! OK, uhhhhh, use my rifle squad and zook team to move into the buildings in front, down the street of the monster to keep it's attention and maybe (with alot of luck) disable its tracks. Meanwhile (back at the ranch) the M4 is going to sprint down the parallel side street and pop out of an alley at < 10 meters to the KT's right side/a$$. Problem is the M4 has a German rifle squad keeping it occupied on the left. This means its turret will surley be pointing in the opposite direction when the moment of truth comes. So I set it to area target the street by the KT and click 'GO!'. The M$ fires an area target round off - crap!- then charges down the side street, ignoring the enemy small arms bouncing off its hull. It breaks the corner and righ in its face is the KT's left side. The M4 gunner lets another shell fly at the area target. I'm screaming at the PC "Reload you dumb f! It's right there! Hello! Screw the area target dumb a$$!" KT's turret swings around. The tanks bump into each other in the panic. "Shoot! Shoot! Reverse!" KT fires. M4 goes up like a Roman candle. Time for plan B.

What I'm sure Freak means is, why rush it? Take your time. Why didn't you use that Sherman to blow the offending infantry out of the way before attempting to engage the KT? What if they had rogered you with a panzerfaust while you sailed by? Could you have fired smoke at the infantry for a turn to obscure them? Haste makes waste, as they say.

Your Sherman will only abandon its area fire order and engage a unit that it can see for itself. Line of Sight is NOT a guarantee that a unit will actually see an enemy unit, (even if that unit is painfully close) and being buttoned greatly hinders a tank's ability to spot.

------------------

"Za Rodentia!"