help

nevada12

hey, im not really sure if im posting this in the right place, but your help would be appreciated. i ordered tacops4 a week or two ago, for mac os9, and when i try to open it, the game opens and i get to the main menu, but after i load a scenario the game partially loads the map and then locks up and the computer completely freezes. I remember a couple years ago i downloaded the demo and really enjoyed it, but this year i re-downloaded it and it froze up the same as the full version does now. i found out that the demo doesent work after march 2007, so i was wondering if maybe the same problem is affecting the full version? again your help would be appreciated.

Sounds like you are running out of memory.

Use the Mac desktop "Get Info" feature to allocate more memory to the TacOps program file. Increase memory in five or ten meg steps until the maps load.

If that doesn't immediately work then use the Monitors control panel to set your Mac to "thousands" of colors rather than "millions". However, most folks don't have any trouble running at millions of colors after allocating more memory to the program.

I checked my archives and found a note dated in 2002 from a user with a similar problem . In his case it turned out that he had a version of Quicktime on his Mac that was earlier than v4.

If allocating more memory to TacOps does not work for you and reducing colors does not work then search for your Quicktime file and see if it is v4 or newer. This probably isn't the problem in your case unless you are running a very old Mac or an OS earlier than 8.5.