German HTs - colour scheme use

I am using Fernando's excellent switchable HTs which have mono, bi and tri colour colour schemes for SS and Heer. Is anyone aware of any info regarding where/when and/or by who these schemes would be used in reality (e.g. is the mono sand colour purely for desert use).

The vehicles came from the factory in dark yellow. Red-brown and green paint was issued and was to be applied in the field for the standard three-colour scheme. However, due to shortages of paint, sometimes only brown or green would be applied. Also, since the pigment needed to be thinned with fuel, fuel shortages also affected what was applied.

Since I am nowhere near being a grog, I cant answer such questions with nearly the fidelity of Babra and others.

But I am kinda a "paint" grog.. so here goes.

Pigments are a part of the paint. They give the color, but are never the sole component. The fuel is used as a solvent, which must be added later into the paint because regular thinner has a nasty tendency to evoporate and, even when stored correctly, explode under fire.

So, the point is that, given Babra's assertion is correct (which I dont doubt,) fuel is added into the solventless paint, not pigment.

Glad I got that out.