Ruminations on the QB

I am all about the QB now. I was facing a burnout situation last week, and then I started setting up ridiculous QB scenarios with computer picking the vechicles weapons etc... Oddly enough, I never really heard much marketing junk about the QB, I personally think it is the best feature of the game (besides MODS).

I love the QBs and would really like to see an added feature- the ability to deduct/add points (not percentages) from either side's total. Right now you can do this on a VERY limited basis with the percentages, but I would rather see actual points. This would really enable bidding to be carried out between the players to determine who gets to play which side. Seems like it would be an easy feature to add (it already exists in the scenario construction system- but not for QBs), and could be applied to every edition of CM (whenever the patch gets around to being made.)

As it stands the percentages are too clumsy. I believe -10% and +25% are the first two levels you could arrange to use.

I have been meaning to ask for this for a while now. It would be a STELLAR feature for tournaments!

Would others like to see this?

Homba

[This message has been edited by Homba (edited 04-02-2001).]

Scooleen,

I agree, the the QB are one of the great features of the game. I always love the maps they do.

I'd like a feature of choosing/selecting units with reduced manpower/ammo/guns etc. rather than always units with a full OB. You could give the depleted units some VP's to start with as compensation. I like the idea of making do with what you have, rather than always picking the best units.