Newbie Mod question

I have just started playing CM with a friend over PBEM. I am new to wargames in general and CM specifically. My question is this: If I wanted to download some mods to enhance the look of the game, do I just download them and install the mods which will then work as usual while playing the game, or does CM then require some reconfigurations that a non-technophile(me)would be overcome by? Thanks. Btw, the depth of CM and the information that is in the underneath the graphics is simply amazing. I find I could strategize for hours while examining all the details of each platoon, etc.

OK, if you really want to easily and drastically change the look of CM, download and install Magua's Normandy Terrain set. It is located on both CM Outpost and Manx's Combat Missions.

Then also grab Juju's woods tree bases also found at CM Outpost in the Early Bird section.

Then grab either Panzertruppen's Buildings from CMHQ or use Magua's buildings in the Normandy pack.

To use graphic mods, unzip the files into their own folder first. Then take a look at them, cause most mods have some errata in them. You only need install the .bmps. You copy and paste them into the CMBO/BMP folder. This is where the game looks for the graphics.

For sounds, do the same: unzip into their own folder, then listen to them, cause you may not want to use some. Then copy the ones you want to use into the CMBO/WAV folder.

[ 06-19-2001: Message edited by: Maximus ]