Yet Another "What's after CMBB?" thread.

This topic has come up maybe about 700 or so times since CMBB was anounced as being in the works, and it seems that most people are interested in the early War years/ Desert campaigns, but what about this:

What if BTS were to add all the elements of CMBO & CMBB (Units & period data) to the next version after CMBB?

I don't mean to leave all the scenarios there, but just to have all the previously released units available so CM can get closer to achieving ASL's greatest strenght: The ability to set up just about any kind of battle from all the pieces in the box instead of just pigeonholing future versions of CM in one time period.

Granted that to do that with ASL required you to buy all those nice spendy modules, adding to the profits for Avalon Hill, but I'd pay extra for a more inclusive CM.

Strict period/location controls could be used prevent some creative unit combos, but an unregulated set up option would be fun ;)

I also think that bundling historical periods together would make it more economically viable for BTS to release some of the less popular theatres like the Pacific & the Winter War.

Gyrene

I vote for that to happen later, after everything is done.

First, do all the individual modules (Russia, Mediterranean, Early War, maybe Pacific) and THEN regroup everything into one game. Seems much faster and more logical...doesn't it?

I always imagined that BTS would do this with the engine rewrite. After CM1-3 (or 4, I dunno) cover everything from Overlord to the invasion of Poland, BTS uses the new engine to put them all in one shiny new package, with lots of features previously unavailable with the current engine and magnificent graphics.

Seems logical that way to me, especially if their project after that is a modern CM! :D