Reverse Slope Defense

This is a screenshot from a reverse slope defense set up in a 1000 point QB. The AI was probably more accomodating than most players would be. The result was impressive with more enemy KIA than I've seen in any other battle.

The biggest kill zone was in the patch of woods which was the only cover between the village and my position. Two 81mm FOs and two 40mm Bofors were registered on the woods and let it loose when the environment became target rich. Defender's losses were light and mostly from artillery. Two bazooka teams are up for the Silver Star. The award will be posthumous.

reverseslope.gif

Ouch, nice one!

Ive had a reverse slop defense myself recently, and although it did not go as clean-cut as yours did (judging by the screenshot), it was easier going then most of my regular defenses.

Too bad long hills dont appear often in QB's to be taken advantage of smile.gif

Cheers!

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Yeah, I really love the reverse slope defense. It has its problems, like everything else, butit can work out great, mainly for nullifying the enemy's support weapons...

-John

------------------

so you can stay cool behind your window

and choose the view you want to see

but as long as there's others held captive

do not consider yourself free

-EMBRACE, "DO NOT CONSIDER YOURSELF FREE"